This course is designed to offer learners the basic travel industry knowledge and fares knowledge required to enter the travel industry. It is a Distance Learning course with workshops to facilitate learners’ outcomes.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service and build customer loyalty.
- Understand the services and facilities available to airline passengers during their travel
- Advise clients on passport and visa requirements, including travel insurance options
- Plan and reserve travel itineraries using standard industry coding and learn city, airline and airport codes
- Sell rail travel, car rental, hotel accommodation, cruises and pre-packaged tour products.
- Book and sell products using a Global Distribution System (GDS)
- Understand and calculate air fares and ticketing Level 1
- Gain knowledge on Geography for travel planning Level 1
Who is the target audience?
Travel Consultants at entry level or Intermediate level who want to gain an International qualification.
Upon completion, learners will receive an IATA Foundation in Travel and Tourism Diploma
Distance Learning with workshops